September 26, 2011

Second marathon win

15km into Bellingham Marathon
So, I felt awesome warming up before the Bellingham Bay Marathon yesterday morning. I did notice that it seemed windy. Overall, I had a superb day on this course with spectacular views.

I didn't get the course record, didn't even get a PB but I did lead the women from start to finish.

The volunteers and spectactors along the course were awesome and I smiled a lot. It was a great experience and I highly recommend this well-organized race. My 3:09:40 placed me eighth overall (results here and a story by the Bellingham Herald here).

About to finish as 2011 B'ham Bay Marathon champ
Tim, as usual, was a fantastic supporter and it was great to see him and Luka pop up to cheer along the way. He also took a bunch of photos, including these two. I'll write a race report soon.

Next up, the Victoria Marathon in two weeks.

3 comments:

and.e.aitch said...

Wow, that's awesome. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Awesome effort, well done! Smiling at the finish is always a good sign.

Margreet Dietz said...

Thanks so much Andy and Mal!