October 27, 2009

A PB by 19 seconds

At the James Cunningham Seawall 9.5km this past Sunday I finished in 38:15, placing second in my age group and 8th female. This race attracts some swift runners.

The course around Stanley Park is - naturally - stunning. It's also flat.

My finish time is a 19-second improvement on my performance there in 2007, which is promising - especially because that 2007 race was followed by a couple of major 10km PBs including breaking the 40-minute barrier twice.

The organisation of this race is fantastic. As I crossed the finishline, the MC told the crowd that I was in the top 10 for the third year in a row. Pretty impressive that they are so prepared to have this information at their fingertips. There are much bigger races who could learn a thing or two from these guys.

As I hung on to a fence just across the finish to catch my breath the organiser came over to me and thanked me for supporting the race. You can bet I'll be back there to race again next year!

No comments: