November 04, 2011

NaNoWriMo: Day 4

Word count is what has kept me going in the past four days. It has been a struggle, as mentioned in yesterday's post, but I knew that I couldn't fall behind in the first days.

Tomorrow I am getting up at 3:15am to run a 50-miler in Whistler, as mentioned in my earlier post today, and I don't expect there will be time or energy in the day to write 1,667 words. Having said that, I do expect to have plenty of creative thinking time on my hands during the race so I hope to return to the Sub-3 Marathon storyline with fresh ideas.

Sheer determination and stubbornness to stay on track helped me reach 6,685 words today, slightly ahead of the daily average needed to make it to 50,000 by the end of the month. I am thinking in scenes and if I find myself complety stuck in one, I simply move on to the next. It has worked so far.

On Sunday morning I'll be at the first of the two Come Write Ins at the Squamish Public Library from 10am until 1pm. (Details here on the Facebook event page). If you're in the neighbourhood, please drop by to complete the daily word count!

No comments: