February 10, 2011

Three 50-milers in the Sea to Sky Corridor

Just recently BC Athletics announced more details about the Whistler 50 Relay and Ultra event that is replacing the Haney to Harrison 100km Relay and Ultra. It will be a 50-miler, consisting of four 20km loops on paved and hardpacked surface.

I've been told it will be a fairly fast course. Details available so far are here

That means there will be three 50-milers to run in the Sea to Sky Corridor this year. You can start off with the Tenderfoot Boogie, a very scenic and tough trail run. This race made its debut last year. While I didn't do it then, I'm signed up for 2011.

It's two weeks after the Vancouver Marathon, which I'm racing too, so that will be an interesting change from my usual marathon recovery process. The Tenderfoot Boogie also offers a 50km, a 28km, and a three-person relay. More details here

On August 7, it's time for the 11th annual edition of STORMY, the Squamish Test of Running Metal, Yeah! I did this 50-miler held on scenic trails around Squamish for the first time last year, in fact it was my first 50-miler, and absolutely loved this race and highly recommend it. Given that it starts and finishes within a couple of kilometres from my front door, I'm keen to be at the startline again.

You can do it solo or as a relay. Details here

And then, on November 5, there is the new Whistler 50 Relay and Ultra. Tempting for sure...

No comments: